|Season 01, Episode 11|
|Date||1989 (production year)|
|Previous||Barrel of Fun|
|Next||Pingu and Pinga Stay Up|
Ice Hockey (sometimes known as Pingu Plays Ice Hockey) is the eleventh episode of the first season.
Pingu, Robby and Pongi are dawdling around one day, when they see a hockey team practising for a game. One of the strikers sees the three young friends and asks if they would like to join in as their rival team. As Pingu, Pongi and Robby get kitted out, the professional team feel sure they will crush their new rivals easily. The referee blows his whistle and the game begins.
At first the Professionals get two goals at once, so Robby turns the goal over to make it more difficult, but the referee disapproves of this and makes him put it back the way it was. Then suddenly, Pingu manages to outwit the Professional's goal keeper and gets a goal and they woop for joy over their small success.
The Professionls are bad losers and are furious at being outwitted by a wannabe team who can not stop celebrating and annoying them. One of their teammates is so annoyed that he rams into Pingu with rage to shut them up. Then on the next try, the team take this move to the point where they all play aggressively by knocking them with their putts, forcing them into the corners and sides, and so on to ensure they do not win. Pingu and his friends are so cross at their bad sportsmanship that they throw down their gear and storm off. After Robby's tail heals, the Professionals question themselves if they went too far, and when they see Robby performing some moves, they decide to discard their hockey equipment too and join Pingu, Robby and Pongi with what they are doing, which happens to be figure skating and they have the most fun they have had all day together.
- The original version of this episode featured the song "Hand in Hand" (the official song of the 1988 Seoul Olympics) at the end. Other versions of the original don't have the song, but it is featured on the VHS Barrel of Fun.
- Pongi is introduced in this episode.
- In the remastered version of the episode, a fade out is added when the Professionals go to see Pingu instead of cutting to them having fun.
- The strikers on the professional hockey team look like Pingo and Pingg.
- The referee doesn't have a white chest.
- When Robby gets rammed into the side of the court, his nose disappears.