Pingu is a Switzerland TV pilot episode of the "Pingu" television series. It was filmed in 1986 and contain plot points which were later used in two episode of the first series.
- This pilot contains elements which were later reanimated in Hello Pingu and Pingu Looks After the Egg.
- Although this pilot only aired once, it is also included as a bonus feature on the Japenese DVD of the third season.
- Pingu's Noot Noot sounds are made by a kazoo.
- Pingu's mother's model is similar to the penguin who later fell into water in Pingu and the Barrel Organ.
- Besides Pingu Looks After the Egg, this is the only episode to have a commerical break when first aired.
- Pingu's father's model is similar to Mr. Peng-Chips.
- A different model is used in the close up shots of Pingu. Due to his beak looking longer, triangular and having larger eyes, this close up process is dropped in the series.
Title Card ("Pingu: A Pre-School Children's Story")
Pingu's Mother pilot model
Pingu's Father pilot model
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.