|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the TV series article.|
|Family||Pinga (younger sister), Dad, Mum, Grandpa (paternal), Grandpa (maternal), Pingu's Aunts, The Twins (cousins)|
|Friends||Pingi, Robby the Seal, Pingo, Pingg, Pongi, Bajoo|
Pingu is the main character of the TV show of the same name.
Pingu a is cheery fun-loving penguin who lives with his family in the South Pole. He sometimes helps his mother and father out with chores, and he often takes care of Pinga when Mother and Father are busy.
Despite a genuine caring nature, Pingu can be very troublesome and mischevious as most children are. There is a recurring gag in the series where Pingu refuses to eat or misbehaves at the dinner table. It was part of the plot in Pingu Runs Away. When Pinga is born in The New Arrival, Pingu is upset that he couldn't see the birth, and tries as much as he could to get to Pinga. In the episode Jealousy, Mother wants Pingu to stop behaving badly while she looks after Pinga and Pingu becomes upset and hides in a toy box.
As the series progressed, Pingu became a much more mature and responsible penguin. He later has a crush on Pingi. He hangs out with his friends more and takes responsibility, as seen in Pingu and Pinga at the Kindergarten.
As the title character, Pingu appears in every episode of the series.
- When Pingu walks, the sound he makes when his flippers slap against the ground is really the sound artist slapping the top of his other hand during the recording session.
- Pingu was originally going to be called Hugo.
- Pingu and Pinga can roll into balls for many purposes, for instance; cheating on a bowling game.
- In 2009, Pingu appeared in Peter Kay's Animated All Star Band music video on "Children in Need".
- He also appeared in the 1998 Perth ABC Concert, speaking english.