|Original Run||May 28, 1986 - December 17, 1990.|
|Num of episodes||26|
|Season:||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
Season 1 aired from 1986 to 1990.
Since Pingu is a children's television series, many of the episodes have been censored before they reached UK Television: some episodes were even banned completely from being shown. For a full list, see Pingu Censorship.
- Hello Pingu (May 28, 1986) - Pingu tries to rescue his rubber ball.
- Pingu Delivers the Mail (June 4, 1986) - Pingu helps his father to deliver the post.
- Pingu Looks After the Egg (June 11, 1986) - Pingu is egg-sitting while his parents are out.
- The New Arrival (June 18, 1986) - Pingu's new sister, Pinga, is born.
- Pingu Goes Fishing (June 25, 1986) - Pingu goes fishing and makes a new friend.
- Jealousy (September 16, 1988) - Pingu is jealous because his Mother gives Pinga all her attention.
- Hide and Seek (September 23, 1988) - Pingu and Robby have a snowball fight.
- Barrel of Fun (September 30, 1988) - Pingu and Robby have fun riding in a broken old barrel.
- Pingu Plays Fish Tennis (October 7, 1988) - Pingu and Robby play with an enormous fish.
- Skiing (October 14, 1988) - Pingu has fun with skis, but is he any good at skiing?
- Sledging (October 21, 1988) - Pingu has difficulty with his sledge but knows how to solve the problem.
- Lost Baby (October 28, 1988) - While playing with his friend, Pingu's sister Pinga runs away!
- Ice Hockey (October 29, 1988 - Pingu and his friends play an ice hockey game.
- Pingu Runs Away (September 24, 1990) - Pingu is punished and decides to run away but ends up getting lost and scared.
- Building Igloos (October 1, 1990) - Pingu and Pingo decide to build an igloo but cannot agree on where to build it.
- Pingu and Pinga Stay Up (October 8, 1990) - Pingu and Pinga try to avoid going to bed.
- Music Lessons (October 15, 1990) - Pingu pulls an accordion out of the toy chest, but the noise is awful when he plays it.
- Little Accidents (October 22, 1990) - Pingu rushes to the loo because he has drunk too much, but his father is in the bathroom.
- School Time (October 29, 1990) - Robby goes to school with Pingu.
- Pingu's Ice Cave (November 5, 1990) - Pingu and his friend get trapped in an ice tunnel.
- Pingu's Dream (November 12, 1990) - Pingu has nightmare of a huge walrus!
- Grandpa is Ill (November 19, 1990) - Grandfather is sick, so Pingu and Pinga set off with their mother to look after him.
- Pingu and Pinga at Home (November 26, 1990) - Pingu and Pinga have a party while their father and mother go to a concert.
- Noise (Decemebr 3, 1990) - Pingu and his friends are playing ball, but they do not notice how loud they are.
- Pingu and the Barrel Organ (December 10, 1990) - Pingu goes shopping for poor Mr. Peng-Hoven.
- Pingu's Circus (December 17, 1990) - Pingu, Pinga and Robby play at putting on a circus.
- Around the late 1990's and early 2000's, Season 1's audio was re-done and the title sequence was replaced with a section of David Hasselhoff's "The Pingu Dance".